Monday, October 27, 2008

Week in Review

On Friday, we were invited out to dinner by Nic's boss, which meant Nic's dad got to watch Max. It was his first time away from his parents for more than a quick shopping trip or something. We ate at the Surf and Sand in Laguna Beach, which is right on the water. It was so gorgeous. The restaurant is all open, so you get to enjoy the sights, sounds, and smells of the ocean. The food was good. The people from Nic's work were nice and very good company, but the dinner lasted 4 hours. I was totally ready to get back to my baby by the end of dinner, especially because I was only expecting to be gone a couple of hours. Luckily, it seems that Max and Nic's dad had a very fun time.
On Saturday, we took Max to the pumpkin patch to get his picture taken in his Halloween costume and to pick out a pumpkin. I don't have a scanner to put the picture up, but Max was totally adorable as a little bumble bee. The picture came out so cute. Thanks, Rachel!
I love our pumpkin, too. I can't wait to carve it tomorrow!
Sunday was our first practice for the Primary Program, which, of course, was a little bit crazy. We had 4 new kids that moved into the ward after we wrote the program, so I had to try to find parts and places for them to sit. I'm not too worried though because no matter what happens people enjoy just watching the kids. Plus, there's no way it can be as eventful as our program last year when our bishop passed out at the pulpit and one of our kids threw up. :)
I almost forgot my most exciting news....My baby slept through the night last night!!! 6 solid hours of sleep. Well, I didn't really sleep that well because it made me so nervous when he wasn't crying during the night that I had to go check on him a bunch of times to make sure he was still breathing. But, not only did he sleep 6 straight hours, he got up and ate this morning then went back to sleep for 2 more hours. I don't want to get my hopes up that this will happen every night, but how awesome would that be?

1 comment:

BL said...

I cant even begin to tell you how lucky you are! (about the sleeping thing). I only got chunks of 3 solid hours last night.... :( Way to go max! teach celah the trick :)