Monday, September 22, 2008

Week in Review








The high point of the past week was definitely my talented friend Rachel coming over to take photos of Max. These are just a few of my favorites. The pictures turned out so great! You can see more of her work at http://www.rachelkirkphotography.com/.
We had a fun family date on Friday night. We tried a new restaurant in Corona called Twisted Gourmet. We were standing outside trying to decide if it looked family friendly enough to take Max. We finally decided that we'd give it a try, and when we got in the restaurant there were probably more kids than adults, but it is still a very nice setting. They mostly have pizzas with unusual ingredients. We tried a pizza with dried cranberries, Gorgonzola cheese, and chicken. It was good, but the best thing was dessert! I got a regular chocolate chip cookie, but Nic ordered the peanut butter cookie. When the waitress first brought the cookies to the table, Nic thought he'd been cheated. His cookie was about a third of the size of my cookie, but after his first bite he was convinced that he got the better deal. His was a chocolate cookie filled with yummy peanut butter. I don't know how they do it. It's like a peanut butter cup cookie!
We also got to spend some more time with Nic's grandma this week, which is always a pleasure. She and Nic's dad came out for a visit on Saturday, and on Tuesday they came out to babysit Max while I went to the dentist.
The low point of the week was probably going to the dentist. I have a few cavities. :( So, now I have to go back. That's what I get for putting off going to the dentist!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Your making my mouth water. We'll have to try that place out. Max is so precious to look at. I'm glad the photo shoot turned out well.

Monica said...

I love those pictures! Max is so cute! I am so glad you have a blog.
-Monica

Corinne & Tyler Craig said...

That picture on the stairs is the cutest thing ever!!!