Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thankful Thursday



So, it's Thursday. That doesn't mean much to me now that I'm a stay-at-home-mom, but in the blogging world it means it is "Thankful Thursday." I don't know who started Thankful Thursday, but it is a lovely reminder that we should count our blessings.




"We can lift ourselves, and others as well, when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude. If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues" (Thomas S. Monson, "An Attitude of Gratitude," Ensign, May 1992, 54)




1) I am thankful for my little boy! I can't believe how much I love this little 8 pound ball of mush.




2) I am thankful for such a wonderful husband. He is truly my best friend.
He's the kind of man that would prepare dinner and do the dishes afterward for three weeks because his lazy-butt wife is still getting the hang of being a mom. He's the kind of man that brings home treats as a fun surprise. He's the kind of man that would proudly sport a baby sling. Yep, that's my man!3) I am thankful for a baby swing. It helped my little guy to conk out long enough for me to start a blog!
papasan swing Pictures, Images and Photos

I think that most people list 10 things for which they are thankful, but as a new and frazzled mom, I think I only have time for three today. But, rest assured, I have so many things to be thankful for, and I am looking forward to the next Thankful Thursday.

No comments: