Monday, September 15, 2008

Week in Review


Here I am in the wee hours of the morning. Max us wide awake, so I figured I would use this time to review our week.
Max and I didn't really do much. It is much harder to get out than I expected. With feedings every two to three hours, as soon as I finish feeding Max it is almost time to feed him again. Other than a couple very brief trips to the store and library, Max and I were pretty much shut-ins.
We did make it to church last Sunday (all three hours!), and everyone had a chance to look at our little cutie.
It was a busy week for Nic at work. Several days this week he had to be at work at 4 am!
On Monday evening, Nic's dad came out for a visit. He really loves to hold Max, so he held Max and kept Nic company as Nic painted the crown moulding for the bathroom. Nic's dad had just left our house when he was hit by a drunk driver on Grand Blvd. Luckily, Dale was unharmed, but his truck was totaled.
On Tuesday, our handyman, Dave, came out to install the crown moulding. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Our ceilings in the bathroom are really crooked, so he had to make lots of minor adjustments. I think it will all look better when it is caulked.
On Friday, we had a family date to Marie Calendar's. We hadn't ever taken Max to a restaurant, so we were clueless when it came to highchairs, etc. The hostess helped us out, and Max got to sit right up at the table with us. He was awake the whole time, and was very well behaved. After dinner, we had pie. I ordered the pumpkin pie, which was an unusual choice for me, but it was one of the most heavenly things I have ever tasted. I will definitely order it again some time!
Yesterday, Nic took Max to sacrament meeting. I had been up all night with Max, and I was just too exhausted to go. But with Max out of the house, safely at church with Nic, I slept like a baby! I think I haven't been sleeping well (even with the little sleep I get) because I'm always half way listening for Max.
Then, in our first longer outing away from home, we went to Nic's dad's house for dinner. Nic's grandma is in from New Mexico, and she, of course, wanted to meet her first great grandchild. It was a very nice visit. Max slept basically the whole time, which made it easy to have him around. He is such a good baby!
Otherwise, we just had normal, every day fun during the week. Above is my favorite picture from this week. Nic got down into Max's little baby gym, and Max is totally looking at him like he was crazy!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love that photo of your guys! too cute.