Thursday, June 25, 2009

Nic's First Father's Day


iv>
Nic made my first Mother's Day super special, so the pressure was on for Father's Day! Max and I worked on a secret craft project the day before, and it was much messier than I anticipated--- it was not exactly covert when we are both covered with red paint.

>div>
Nic awoke to a sign on his door that Max left, explaining that he'd snuck out of bed in the night to leave Nic a Father's Day message. There were footsteps leading out of his bedroom into the hallway, and the halls were covered in ties with Father's Day songs on them. Too bad I decided on red paint at the store, it looked a little bit like a murder scene!

We had cinnamon rolls and opened presents. Nic got a tangelo tree, which will be fun because it will grow like little Max. One day we'll look back at our big tree and think of Nic's first Father's Day.

I wanted to make a special dinner, but that's hard when you aren't a great cook. I found a great recipe, though, and it turned out really nice. We had grilled steak with fruit salsa, and for dessert we had mud pie. Yum!

I can't say enough how lucky I am to have such a wonderful husband. He's a great dad to our little boy, and he's my best friend. I hope he felt appreciated on Father's Day because we couldn't live without him!


1 comment:

BL said...

haha! that is such a cute idea with the feet and everything. Max looks so cute with red all over. Oh and it looks like you did a great job on the food. sounds yummy!