Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Tribute to Nic


So, Nic was looking at my blog the other day, and was disappointed at how little he was featured. He went on to point out that he only had one picture in the last month. I certainly do not want rivalry between my two favorite guys for space on my blog, so this blog is dedicated to my sweet husband.


I am so lucky to be married to such a great guy. I thought I would list some of the things he has done for me over the years.




When we first started dating:


- We'd only been dating a couple months, but Nic planned an elaborate surprise picnic on the beach for my birthday. I thought he had to go study, but he asked me to walk with him. We got out to the parking lot, and he had somehow packed everything up into my car (he didn't have one) without me knowing it!


- At the dorms, there is a list for packages. I would check it every day, but I NEVER got anything. One day I was surprised to see my name on the list. Inside the package was everything Nic had ever heard me mention that I liked. He'd been keeping a list!





When Nic moved to Chicago:

- When we found out that Nic got into grad school in Chicago, I thought we should just break up. I didn't want to do a long distance relationship because I thought we'd never see each other. Nic promised that he would come to see me every three weeks, and he did!

- When his program was almost over, and he was searching for a job he restricted his search to California so that we wouldn't have to be so far apart. A lot of his friends got much higher paying jobs in NY and elsewhere, but Nic didn't even consider any of those jobs.





When Nic moved back to California:
- I was still in school in San Luis Obispo, and Nic was working in Newport Beach. He drove up to see me every weekend. He HATES to drive. (I would drive down sometimes, but less often).

- We were engaged at this point, and knew that we were going to get married in Southern California. Nic totally took the lead in checking out all of our prospective wedding venues!

- For Easter, my parents were adamant that they would not be hiding eggs for me that year, as I was all grown up and about to be married. I was a little bit bummed that it would be my first year with no egg hunt, so Nic made sure I had one!



From the time we got married to now:

- Nic is the entertainer of children. Whenever we have family get-togethers, he is always outside making up a game for the kids. It is so cute.



- He gives really sweet and thoughtful gifts. Nic is known for his frugality, but when it comes to buying me presents, it all goes out the window. He will only buy me the best, which is so funny because I would never buy such nice things for myself. My birthdays and Christmas are awesome.

- When I was pregnant, there were a lot of foods that I didn't like. For Valentine's Day, he made me grilled cheese sandwiches because they were the only thing I ever wanted to eat!
- He is absolutely the best daddy, but takes no credit for it. He is always telling people that I do everything, and that my job is so hard. You'll notice, though, that he's always helping. On Sundays, he is always the one out in the hall with him. As soon as he gets home during the week, he's playing with Max and changing diapers!


This is just a small sampling of the nice things Nic does for me every day, but the main point is: Nic is the best!

4 comments:

Monica said...

what a sweet post! =)

Melissa said...

those memories will keep you close to him through the good and the bad. Isn't love grand? He's a great hubby and daddy.

Sharla said...

Nic rules!

BL said...

haha nic is so cool. This is hilarious though because literally just yesterday Brian was saying how I better only post about our baby- he doesnt want me to talk about him on this blog.haha. its funny how men are so different.