Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My first Mother's Day

I had such a wonderful Mother's Day! Nic really went all out to make it a nice day. It made me feel so appreciated. The day started with Nic making yummy cinnamon rolls and showing me my gift, which was gorgeous urns filled with flowers for our porch. They look great! Max was sweet enough to take a long morning nap, so I also got a long morning nap. Nic cooked up an awesome dinner and dessert. I wish my camera wasn't broken because his presentation was so beautiful.
Having my first Mother's Day made me really reflect on how grateful I am to be a mother. Having Max has changed my life in so many wonderful ways that I never would have imagined. He makes me laugh every day, and watching him grow is such a privilege. It just amazes and humbles me that I've been entrusted me to take care of this precious little gift. I'm so glad that I had such a wonderful mom to show me how it's done. I hope that one day I can be half as good as my mom!

1 comment:

Amber said...

That does sound like a great Mother's Day!