Thursday, October 15, 2009

First Words


I've been so bad about blogging lately. Oops! :)

I thought I should get on and record Max first words. Shortly after he turned one, he started saying "Go". It is on one of his baby signing videos and he loves to do the sign with it when he says it. Now he's asks me to "go" all of the time and runs to the front door. It is so fitting with his personality that this would be his first word. He's very active and loves to be out-and-about!

On our trip to Japan, he surprised me by trying a few other words. He was very interested in the trains and buses we used to get around Japan. He knows the sign for both, but now when he signs "bus" he also tries to say it aloud.

I try to get him to say "Mama" to me all the time. He says "mamamama" often, but not applying it to me. Well, the other day, he patted my leg and said "Mama". Something must have clicked because now he says "Mama" pretty often. It's confusing, though, because he also still likes to say "mamamama" when he chatters.
He has also gotten pretty good at saying "banana" and is trying to say "water".

I know he'll be talking up a storm before I know it, but right now it amazes me to watch him learn. He's gone from a little ball of mush to a walking, talking little person in a year!

2 comments:

BL said...

how fun! I want to hear all about your trip! i was hoping you were going to be at the park today!

BL said...

we need to go to disneyland sometime together. Brians pass expires in december.