Monday, January 26, 2009

Nic's 27th Birthday

Nic turned 27 on Saturday. We had a really fun day. First, Nic went to play some basketball at church. He must really love it because he had to be there at 7 am on a Saturday morning! That was nice because it gave Max and I time to decorate the house and cook Nic's favorite breakfast-- Cinnamon rolls and bacon. I also made eggs to make it slightly less weird.



Then we opened Nic's presents. Max got Nic a Baby Bjorn so that Nic can carry him all around Ireland. I got Nic a digital picture frame, a gift certificate for new shoes, and scripture pencils (he always asks for these--isn't he so righteous? ;) ).




Then we went up to my parents' house. We also got to visit with my brother, sister-in-law and Baby Connor. We had a baby face-off, which Max loved. Connor wasn't as thrilled, but we got some cute baby cousin pictures.







Then, it was time for cake. Nic's family always makes Angel Food Cake with yummy frosting for birthdays, so we got the recipe for the frosting from his Grandma. My cake didn't look as pretty, but it tasted good. Nic had a hard time blowing out so many candles! We finished the day off with a very good game of Uno.
Happy Birthday, Nic! You are the best husband and daddy in the whole world. We love you.

2 comments:

BL said...

happy birthday nic! I know Brian loves that Nic has been playing ball with them lately. I even watched a couple weekends ago, and he is really good! I think better than brian, but dont tell him I said that :)

The Hardy's said...

K so I just had to tell you that I saw you at church (I didn't have a chance to make it all the way over there) but I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair!!!!! So darling!